Pizza After Dark is LIVE!
Find us on instagram @pizzeriavetri
Learn to make authentic PV pizzas.
Purchase your pizza kit ahead of time, so you can follow along as Chef John goes through all the steps of Napoletano pizza making.
Kits are being sold via Caviar or by pick-up (only from our Rittenhouse and Art Museum locations). Order Now:
Rittenhouse Pick Up
Art Museum Pick Up
1. First, preheat your oven to 500 degrees about 1 hour before making pizza.
2. Place all purpose flour in a pile on a smooth, dry surface.
3. Quickly flip over the container with the dough ball to remove it, so that it maintains a round shape.
4. Check the bottom of the dough ball for air bubble holes. If there are any, pinch them shut!
5. Once dough is on your surface, completely coat the dough in flour.
6. Now create the crust. Press down the center of the dough about 3/4 of an inch from the outside to create an indented ring pattern.
7. Once complete, press the middle of the dough until flat.
8. Once dough is flat, we will begin to stretch. Use one hand to lift the dough enough so you can fit both wrists underneath. Your hands should be semi-limp fists with the dough resting on top.
9. Stretch the dough by pulling your wrists apart and moving them along the dough. The dough should be hanging from your hands - let gravity do all the work! Stretching is complete when the pizza is about 12" in diameter.
10. At this point, shake off any excess flour and place on a pizza peel. Make sure the peel is completely dry. If you do not have a peel - a baking sheet, pizza pan, or pizza stone will work!
11. Now for the good stuff, toppings! Our pizza is not meant to be topped with excessive ingredients. We aim to achieve balance so all ingredients, including the dough, can be tasted. Add a thin layer of sauce and equally space your cheese, meat, and other toppings. Feel free to add any additional toppings you may have on hand. P.S. we recommend a max of three!
12. Once topped, place pizza in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Cooking time depends on oven type, so keep an eye on it.
13. Once the desired color and crispness are achieved, remove the pizza from the oven, cut it, and finish with herbs and seasoning.